Memorial Park 2013 Jury Information
1,310 artists applied for entry into the 2013 Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park. The jury met on November 15, 2012 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park 2013 Jurors
- Jon Deal – Houston developer, owner of Winter Street Studios, the largest art studio in Houston with approximately 70 studios and over 80 artists, and Spring Street Studios, collector
- John de la Cruz – Member of Art Colony Association Board of Directors, Bayou City Art Festivals Steering Committee Chair, collector
- Joel Luks – CultureMap Listings Editor - Arts/ Entertainment, Food/Drink
- Patrick Palmer - Houston-based figurative artist, Dean and Studio School Faculty Chair and Department Head of Art History at The Glassell School of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Julie Pettit – President of Art Colony Association Board of Directors, Bayou City Art Festivals, collector
- Marc B. Schindler, CPF – President of the Museum Collectors (Museum of Fine Arts, Houston), serves on the Glassell Core Program board, collector
We are very excited about the quality and wide selection of fine art and contemporary crafts that was selected for presentation at Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park, March 22 - 24, 2013.
- Our panel consists of 7 - 10 jurors. All judges are selected based on their specific interests, professional knowledge and/or background with our festivals.
- Festival staff are not voting members of the panel and their opinions are not reflected in final jury scores.
- Jurors change with each event.
- Work is scored on a 1 to 7 scale. Judges are instructed not to award scores of 4.
- All five slides, four shots of the work and one booth shot, are projected simultaneously. Judges have access to the artist's statement but are not shown the artist's name or any other identifying information.
- Jurors are asked to review all applications at their leisure online during the week prior to the projected jury.
- Average scores will be emailed to applicants on the Artist Notification Date. Applicants will also be notified of the score necessary to receive an invitation.
- The jury is not conducted as a personal critique and as such, individual responses are not recorded.
Become a member and you can receive a variety of member-exclusive benefits, such as: