- Friday-Sunday, March 22 - 24, 2013
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. all three days
Memorial Park- Memorial Drive at Picnic Lane (south side of Memorial Drive)
- Take one of our convenient and comfortable shuttles to the festival and be dropped off steps from the front gate.
- Shuttle service will be provided via full size buses (48-52) people. Buses will make continuous round trips based on demand. Each location will have between 5 - 20 buses operating every 15 minutes.
Northwest Mall Shuttle
Northwest Mall is located at N Post Oak Rd & Hempstead Hwy - just east of 610 W Loop N (click here for map)
Park near the PODS container!
Buses to run each festival day (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Downtown Theater District Shuttle
Downtown Shuttles run Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. No Downtown Shuttles on Friday.
Festival Shuttle Stops:
- Stop #1 - TBD Based on Downtown Construction
- Stop #2 - TBD Based on Downtown Construction
A limited number of handicapped spaces will be available at the festival site. Handicapped parking at our Memorial Park festival, when available, is located in the reserved VIP lot that is located less than 50 feet from the festival entrance. In addition we provide ADA shuttles form our remote parking lots. A state issued disabled parking permit will be required to be allowed to park in handicapped spaces.
- You can buy tickets at the gate during the festival. Please note that festival ticket booths only accept cash.
- Advance tickets are available on our website (click here)
- $15- adults
- Children 3 - 12 are $3 and children under 3 are free!
- $10 discount tickets on Apache Corporation First Look Friday!
The City of Houston prohibits pets of any kind inside the festival.
At Bayou City Art Festivals, we work every year to make sure we offer something for everyone! Over 1500 artists were juried, and the top 300 artists from around the nation were invited to feature their art in the following media formats:
- Digital (not photography)
- Functional Art
- Mixed media 2-D
- Mixed media 3-D
- Painting (acrylic or oil)
- Painting (watercolor)
- Photography (digital or computer manipulated)
- Photography (traditional film)
- Sculpture (3-D)
We will be making this announcement soon! Keep checking back!
Fine Art and Fine Craft
By 300 Selected National and International Artists Representing Work in 18 Media Categories
Green Mountain Energy Children’s Creative Zone
Free | Featuring Arts & Crafts Projects with Local Arts Nonprofit Partners
Art of Wine presented by Banfi and Concha y Toro
Enjoy Wine from around the World in our Wine Cafe
Art of Food
International Cuisine Ranging from Greek Gyros and Salads to Gourmet Burgers and Mac and Cheese to Indian Samosas
Emerging Artists Competition
Outdoor, Site-Specific, 3D Art Installations by Local High School Students
Houston Arts Alliance Local Roots Global Culture Performance Stage
Performances by Local Performing Arts Groups
Art Heist - A Scene in Green
Come to Art Heist - A Scene in Green for your 1 in 4 chance of winning your pick of donated artwork from our talented festival artists. This fundraising event features delicious food, libations, and fantastic entertainment.
Follow us on Twitter, become a fan on facebook, and more! Check out our social media presence here.
Proceeds from the festival benefit local area Nonprofit Partners. Over the past 40 years, the Bayou City Art Festivals have raised more than $2.6 million for nonprofit organizations.
The 2012 partners are: Art League Houston, Bering Omega Community Services, Buffalo Bayou Partnership, Center for Hearing and Speech, City ArtWorks, DiverseWorks, Downtown YMCA, Heritage Society, Houston Center for Photography, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Lawndale Art Center, MECA (Multicultural Education & Counseling through the Arts,) MFAH (Museum of Fine Arts, Houston,) MOCAH (Museum of Cultural Arts, Houston,) Orange Show Center for Visionary Art, Several Dancers Core, SNAP (Spay-Neuter Assistance Program) and SPARK.
Click here to learn more about our nonprofit partners.
Capital One Bank, Apache Corporation, Banfi Vintners, Broadway Across America, Cadillac, City of Houston, Concha y Toro, Culturemap, Fast Frame, Green Mountain Energy, Glacial, Icelandic, Houston Arts Alliance, Houston Chronicle, Kolache Factory, KTRK ABC 13, Memorial Park Conservancy, My Fit Foods, New York Times, Omni Hotel, Parks Department, Silver Eagle / Stella Artois, Sweet Leaf Tea, Texas Monthly, TMS Transportation
- Art Colony Association- 501c(3) organization
- Kelly Kindred, Executive Director
Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park is the nation’s premier spring outdoor fine art event. The Festival has been ranked in AmericanStyle Magazine's "TOP 10 Festivals" for the past two years, was listed #12 in Sunshine Artist's "200 Best List" in September 2009, "Best Art Gallery in Houston" by readers of Click2Houston.com and "Best Festival in Houston" the Houston Press "Best of Houston" magazine.
- Volunteers- Our festivals would not be possible without our family of volunteers. Click here to learn how to become a volunteer!
- Artists- Want to join us next year? Click here for more information about how to apply!
- Sponsors- Click here for more information!
- Concessions – Click here for more information about how to apply!
- Performers – Click here for more information about how to apply!
Become a member and you can receive a variety of member-exclusive benefits, such as: