2012 Downtown Jury Information
2012 Downtown Jury
- Keelin Burrows - Windgate Charitable Foundation Curatorial Fellow at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Mark Coyle - Houston-based festival artist working in pastels
- Bevin Bering Dubrowski - Executive Director of Houston Center for Photography
- Jenni Rebecca Stephenson - Executive Director of Fresh Arts/ Spacetaker
- Joseph Plumbar - Bayou City Art Festival Board Member
Jury Information and Policies
- Our panel consists of 5 - 10 jurors. All judges are selected based on their specific interests, professional knowledge and/or background with our festivals.
- Festival staff are not voting members of the panel and their opinions are not reflected in final jury scores.
- Each festival, the only jury exempt artists are award winners in their two-year jury exempt period - about 20 - 25 artists per festival.
- Jurors change with each event.
- Work is scored on a 1 to 7 scale. Judges are instructed not to award scores of 4.
- All five slides, four shots of the work and one booth shot, are projected simultaneously. Judges have access to the artist's statement but are not shown the artist's name or any other identifying information.
- Jurors are asked to review all applications at their leisure online during the week prior to the projected jury.
- Average scores will be emailed to applicants on the Artist Notification Date. Applicants will also be notified of the score necessary to receive an invitation.
- The jury is not conducted as a personal critique and as such, individual responses are not recorded.
Become a member and you can receive a variety of member-exclusive benefits, such as: